Thursday, March 18, 2010

OT Who?

We had a visit from Physical Therapist Julie today. After Crew's gross motor workout, we talked about the future and I asked some questions that had been brewing in my noggin'. Among the many questions I posed, I wanted to know what she may see now or in the future that would cause her to submit a request for an Occupational Therapist to work with Crew again.

Are you ready for the answer?

NOTHING.

What she meant by "nothing" is:

#1. He recently started feeding himself cheerios somewhat successfully with his little pincer grasp.

#2. He is working through his minor feeding/eating/chewing/swallowing issues without intervention, and

#3. The weakness on the left side of his body has completely disappeared.

No more occupational therapy in our future. I can cross that off my list and stop wondering about it. I just feel so giddy.

Now that's a milestone. And I didn't even know we hit it.

In other cool things that Crew can do: He picked up Tanner's hat off the floor and put it on his own head. And took it off. And put it back on. Big boy! There is no end to his cuteness. I called Justin to tell him all about it and Daddy is insisting that we prove it by having him perform on command tonight after work. Ha! Wish us luck.

No comments: