Friday, September 18, 2009

That Sweet Boy Of Mine

Last night I had a baby shower in the old neighborhood, so I stopped by the cemetery on my way. The very moment that I turned into the gates, the song When I Get Where I'm Going came on the radio.

I met a woman there, a mommy new to the Angel Garden. She's a single mom that just lost her baby a month ago when her angel grew wings at 37 weeks gestation, due to an umbilical cord accident.

We talked, hugged, and had ourselves a good cry beneath a very bright and very unexpected rainbow shining across the mountain. We're so lucky to have such kind and loving children who so sneakily help arrange these special healing moments for us.

Dex has good friends in the Angel Garden. Mercy and Nevaeh ("Heaven" spelled backwards) are just a few of the special people he knows. Ash, be on the lookout for a new tribute going in just a half step away from Mercy's stone.

No comments: