Saturday, May 15, 2010

Fattening The Babe

Well, I'm a woman on a mission and a mother obsessed.

I feel like I have just taken on a full time job trying to fatten this kid up and I'm not sure that my efforts are going to show on the scale for a while. It seems that the more calories I add to his plate, the less volume he ingests. I have only been able to shove in a few hundred more daily calories into him. Hopefully it will make a difference.

And keeping him hydrated right now is a joke. Which does no favors for his hunger.

I was feeling really guilty for not catching this a few months ago. In the last few days, I've been able to step back and examine the whole picture and his total feeding history and I'm feeling less guilty and more proud of him than ever. We've come an incredibly long way with his eating in the last year and a half and we've both worked really hard at it. These few extra calories a day are worth the effort of today, but not worth the guilt of yesterday.

No comments: