Monday, May 11, 2009

6 Months

Yesterday was Mother's Day. It was also the 6 month anniversary of the birth of Dex and Crew. I'm not sure what I can say beyond what I have said in the past. I still feel the same and (despite what my previous post may have implied) I'm in a happy, well-balanced, content place at the moment.

I guess I can add a quote or two that I used in the talk I gave yesterday in sacrament meeting. This one is from Elder Wirthlin's final address, "Come What May and Love It".

"The Lord compensates the faithful for every loss. That which is taken away from those who love the Lord will be added unto them in His own way. While it may not come at the time we desire, the faithful will know that every tear today will eventually be returned a hundredfold with tears of rejoicing and gratitude.

One of the blessings of the gospel is the knowledge that when the curtain of death signals the end of our mortal lives, life will continue on the other side of the veil. There we will be given new opportunities.
Not even death can take from us the eternal blessings promised by a loving Heavenly Father.”

And a quote from Elder Gary Stevenson's recent conference address:

"There is a righteous unity between the temple and the home. Understanding the eternal nature of the temple will draw you to your family. Understanding the eternal nature of the family will draw you to the temple."

1 comment:

Karen M in FL said...

I really love the first comment. It is so true. So many people can't understand how Samuel is still so real to us. You know comments like but he never lived or you never knew him stuff like that. But I've seen blessings. Sometimes its just in appreciating a special moment because it touches you in a way it never would have before. It comes in being able to understand someone else's pain because you are traveling on the same path and you can reach back from your position and lend a hand of fellowship. It comes in the lesson of not taking anything for granted. It came in hearing from 4 women at Samuel's funeral that they too had suffered an infant loss and because at the time it was "taken care of" before they were even released from the hospital they had never been able to say good-bye and how healing they found Samuel's service because they finally could have their own closure. One women was in her late 60's.


Thinking about this comment and the other one I made to day I think this is one of those days were feelings are close to the surface and leaking out a bit. My oldest (26) called to let me know he has his leave date for his three year mission position in Southern Sudan and it just happens to be the exact date of the 9th anniversary of Samuel being born into heaven. The significance of the date is not lost on me at the moment. So thanks for letting me leak at little here on your blog. Take care.