Sunday, May 31, 2009

Surgery Pix

Crew seems to have overcome the worst of the surgery. The swelling has gone down a lot and his fever has finally abated. He is smiling again and has resumed eating a respectable amount. It's been a tough few days for him and I'm glad he's feeling better at last.

This was taken while we were waiting for the surgical prep team. We were all very tired, right out of the gate.
This is Crew with his surgery nurse, Jennifer, when they were on their way to the O.R.
This is Wasted, Confused Crew immediately post-op. Because of his age, size, and medical history, we stayed at the hospital for a few more hours than a typical patient, just to make sure he was ok. Crew and I spent that time dozing on his gurney together.I was pleasantly surprised with how quickly he came off the ventilator and woke up. It was still unsettling to watch him come fully awake, arching his back, squawking in frustration, confusion, or pain, I'm still not sure. We're glad it's over.

P.S. have you ever seen such a cute little hospital nightie? I fantasized many times about throwing it into my take-home bag :) He looked so darling in it!

No comments: