Saturday, May 23, 2009

Crew Update

Guess who actually chuckled at me this week? He did it during our therapy stretches, when I tickled his nose with his big toe :)

Crew has had a busy week. He has been to the pediatrician, had an ultrasound, and worked out with his OT. Phew!

Mighty Crew is Mighty Big now! He is a whopping 10 pounds, 2 ounces! He is rolling from front to back and almost rolling from back to front, but gets hung up on his elbow. He mostly just gets onto his side, runs into his fingers and slurps on them instead. He is 22 and 1/2 inches, growing 1.5 inches in one month! We remeasured just to be sure. He's growing so fast! He's gaining about 2/3 ounce per day, which is more than any of us expected.

We are really hoping that Dr. D. will be willing to do the second surgical procedure himself because if not, we won't be able to have the surgery next week, even if we are willing to go to Primary's. And with our stupid insurance situation (starting over from scratch June 1 with a brand new deductible), it would be really nice if we could get everything taken care of before the end of May. Since (I think) it would be better for Crew to have them both done at once (I don't think he has to be out for the 2nd one, but I'm not sure yet), it will probably mean that we won't have either procedure done until we can have them both done together. So... keeping fingers crossed that Dr. D. will feel comfortable taking care of the other problem, but we won't find out until next week, probably Tuesday or Wednesday.

He is eating 3-4 ounces at a time now. He gets up once a night to eat and calls for me. He whines loudly and then waits. I keep thinking he'll fall back asleep, but he doesn't. He's ravenous (especially last night when he made it 7 hours). He calls again and waits. We do this 3 or 4 times until I finally drag myself down the hall where he is watching the side of the crib expectantly, waiting to give me a big dimply grin as soon as I appear. I love this hunka-hunka.

Oh, and except for a few two-piece newborn-size outfits, the big man is now wearing 0-3 month clothes!!!

Yeah, so he's 6 and a half months... but still, yay!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is just so precious! I have kept up through the birth story all the way to now and can't believe how big he has gotten and how cute he is :-)

I hope they are able to cover both problems in one surgery so it is less trauma on his case and less worry on yours. We have insurance issues too and it isn't fun dealing with the ins. company to get things covered etc.

My thoughts are with you all :-)
Lisa

Nic and Ashley Haws said...

Crew sounds like he's coming along PERFECTLY! It's all about HIS timing, not the worlds timing. That's something I have learned. The "percentile" situation really means nothing to me! I think it's GREAT he is advancing into 0-3 month clothing!!! YAY CREW!