Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Rodeo Kids

We introduced our children to the wonderful world of rodeo. They are half-cowkids, after all, thanks to their rancher daddy. I'll confess I found the whole farm boy thing very alluring.

Cowgirl Kinley planned out her outfit weeks ahead of time.My favorite moment of the night was at the gates. When we got in line I said, "oh no! Justin, I don't see any credit card machines! I don't think they take credit cards!"

He smiled and said, "I brought cash."

"What? You have cash?"

"Oh, Megan," he said with a twinkle in his eye.

(wait for it...)

"This ain't my first rodeo."

Groooooooooooan.
Giddyap!! Ride em', cowbaby!
Some things are just insane.
But very cool.
We had a great time. See?
Kinley thought the tie-down roping was barbaric and kept saying "the poor baby cow!" However, she now has her heart set on a career in barrel racing and breakaway roping. All other possible vocations have been crossed off the list. Tanner's favorite rodeo moments were when the naughty bulls wouldn't go back in their corrals. He thought that was just too funny. We stayed to the bitter end, clear through the final bull ride, feasting on soft pretzels and churros. It was the first of what I know will be many many rodeo nights.

Yee-haw!!

No comments: