Monday, April 6, 2009

Family Walk

We capped off our weekend by taking a family walk in the cemetery. I'm surprised and relieved with how much easier it is every time I go. It's finally a place that I look forward to going and don't have to steel myself for. It's so peaceful and it is one of those special places where I can shut the world out and readjust my perspective in the blink of an eye. We all totally lose track of time when we're there.

The kids think the cemetery is the most wonderful place ever. Here is Kinley by Dex's grave. As you may remember, we've had to wait to lay a stone until the spring ground conditions were ideal. When tax season is over and Justin has time to breathe and focus, our first item of business is to choose and lay Dex's gravestone. I'll be happy to have that little tribute taken care of at last.
Crew took the first ride of his life in a stroller!! It was momentous for me, but he didn't really seem to care one way or another.

1 comment:

Karen M in FL said...

I'm glad you had a good visit. Our stone for Samuel is very plain. His full name. Born into Heaven and the date. But I'm so glad we have it.