Monday, January 26, 2009

Off The Vent!!

Apparently I must have needed to get "just discouraged enough" for Crew to make the swing the other way. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers on his behalf. He is OFF the ventilator and is quickly returning to his old, happy, vibrant self! He is on a regular cannula at 21% and having a grand old time. I didn't get to the hospital today (groceries must be purchased, doctors appts must be attended, sanity must be sought) so the nurses are having a delightful time without me, rocking him and telling him what a brave, strong boy he's being. Sigh... up, down, up, down, up. And on we go! I can't wait to see him tomorrow and tell him how proud I am of him and how sorry I am that my faith in his resiliency wavered! See, I told you I wouldn't be gloomy forever :) And I think I've decided that tonight I'm going to willfully forfeit the middle of the night pumping sessions. The dairy is closing for the night; I need some sleep.

No comments: