Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas To All

I have a feeling there are sugar plums, or at least fruit snacks, dancing in some heads in the room next door.

We have a lot to celebrate this Christmas and I suspect that our household will remember this unique holiday season forever. The sacrifice of our Savior has special and personal meaning for us this year. We have really felt His love, peace, hope, and comfort as He has softened some of the more difficult moments of our journey.

I love my family so much. We shed a few tears together tonight, missing our two boys who are celebrating elsewhere. I know we'll be able to see Dex again one day, but this year, as my friend Mandie sent to me in a poem, he is spending Christmas with the Savior. Merry Christmas, Dex.

We're thankful for those near and far who have helped us to bear our grief and to carry on with the continuing battle for Crew. We have truly felt enveloped in the love, compassion, and strength of others. We have been touched and buoyed so much through the words and deeds of many people, refining our understanding that the Lord often shows His love and performs His miracles through the ministrations of His willing servants.

So from our family to yours, Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

No comments: